LEASINGLeasing enclosed shopping malls and large-scale retail based properties is our company’s core strength.
Years of Experience
Our leasing expertise has been built over decades of working on a large number of diverse projects and properties from coast-to-coast. Over the last 30 years, we have carefully built a vast network of relationships with the nation’s leading retailers, dining establishments, entertainment venues, hospitality providers, and an array of other tenant types.
We are keenly aware that leasing is of primary importance in the retail real estate equation. By developing the best possible selection of tenants, a project’s viability, value, and financial performance can be maximized.
We bring an unmatched focus of leasing resource to the projects we undertake.
Our base of experience includes work on over 65 enclosed shopping malls, lifestyle centers, and large-scale retail projects from coast to coast.
We Excel in Leasing.Resulting in Successful Asset Stabilization and Repositioning
A distressed retail property requires immediate, skilled and focused attention. Often, the first and primary goal is to bring stability to such an asset.
The process of achieving occupancy and income stabilization can be critical to the ongoing viability of a retail-based asset – and the process of achieving stability can be a difficult one.
Fortunately, we bring skill, expertise and a proven track record to each project we undertake.
Through careful analysis of existing tenancy, tenant health ratios, occupancy cost and retail sales performance, a prioritized list of action items is established with a goal of stabilizing an asset. Critical steps necessary to successfully stabilize a retail asset include:
- Lease Expiration Analysis – identifying time-sensitive roll-over
- Occupancy cost Analysis and Health Ratio Analysis – identifying “at-risk” tenancy
- Operating Cost efficiency Analysis – identify immediate opportunity to improve cash flow
- Renewal Leasing Execution – secure extension of leases at or near expiration
- Rent Restructuring – negotiation of lease restructuring to minimize loss of tenancy
- Existing Tenant Relations – effectively communicate positive changes to community of tenants
- Stakeholder Public Relations – Communicate with project stakeholders to enhance relations and build support
We identify opportunity, and transform potential into reality.
Properties become distressed or under-perform for various reasons. Whether you currently own or are considering acquiring an asset that has upside potential, we have the expertise and track record to help you realize that upside.
We begin with a thorough understanding of our client’s goals, investment criteria and budget . We carefully analyze each asset, its market, and competitive landscape to develop a strategic repositioning and leasing plan. We then implement the plan and maximize value through the following.
- Identify All Factors contributing to Property Under-Performance
- Identify Assets Upside Potential
- Develop Project Vision
- Develop Comprehensive Leasing Plan
- Execute Leasing & Marketing Strategy
- Demographic Analysis
- Market Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Project Feasibility and Due Diligence
- Public/Private Partnership Analysis and Creation
- Land Acquisition Needs Analysis
- Obtain Entitlements
- Development and Implement Alternative Income Sources Strategy
- Finance Support
- Project Management
- Efficient Property Management
- Argus Modeling
- Merchandise (Tenant Mix) Analysis and Planning
- Development of Prospective Tenant Lists
- Development of Leasing Floor Plan
- Creation of Leasing Expense Budget
- Establish Projected Rent Roll
- Income Maximization Analysis
- Develop Strategy for Additional Income Sources
- Coordinated Company Leasing Meeting
- Initial Tenant Contact
- Marketing (Leasing) Presentations
- Proposal and Negotiation of Letters of Intent
- Finalize and Document Deal Terms
- Prepare Deal Presentations to Owner Including Financial Impact Analysis
- Lease Negotiation and Execution
- Negotiation of Existing Tenant Lease Restructures and/or Relocations
- Lease Renewal Negotiations
- Obtain and Document Necessary Department Store Approvals
- Develop Project “Marketing Story”
- Creation of Leasing Merchandize Plan
- Creation of Leasing Marketing Collateral
- Creation of Comprehensive Property Overview Book
- ICSC Trade Show Material Preparation
- ICSC Trade Show Participation
- Creation of Public Project Promotional Materials
- Project Website Development
- Development of Prospective Renderings
- Leasing Status Reporting
- Lease Expiration Schedules
- Lease Abstract Reporting
- Leasing Budget Reporting
- Leasing Budget Forecasting
- Tenant Health Ratio Analysis Reporting
- Project Occupancy Status Reporting
- Problem Tenant Reporting
- Existing Tenant Kickout Analysis
- Establish Letter of Intent Form
- Establish Lease Form
- Individual Tenant Lease Preparation
- Establish Tenant Coordination Standards/Handbook