Oakdale Mall – Binghamton, NY
The mall administrative assistant provides administrative support to the mall management team—including management, operations, marketing, specialty leasing and the leasing manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets visitors, customers, tenants and vendors, screening, handling, or directing them to the appropriate area or person
- Communicates issues or problems to the appropriate person for resolution
- Answers and screens management office telephone calls, routing appropriately
- Composes and types routine correspondence
- Organizes and maintains the file system, and files correspondence and other records
- Coordinates the manager’s schedule and makes appointments
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations as needed
- Assists in the completion of required mall reports such as monthly reporting, budgets or forecasting, specific departmental reports; including data and information gathering, formatting or proofing, and sending reports
- Routes incoming mail to the appropriate people. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance
- Maintains a current and up to date Tenant Call List
- Maintains a current and up to date insurance certificate for each Tenant, Licensee, Vendor and Contractor
- Other duties as assigned adhoc reporting requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five (3-5) years administrative/office experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficient in computer usage, and the ability to easily develop proficiency in all software utilized or introduced for use by individuals in this position. Intermediate to expert knowledge of Word, Excel and data entry skills.
- Social Media skills in Facebook, Twitter, maintenance of websites and other social platforms a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read and write English fluently, proficiency in other languages a plus.
- Ability to work within a team and with a variety of personality types.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and maturity.
- Good judgment and continual attention to detail.
- Dependable and flexible.
- Ability to occasionally work nights, weekends or holidays if requested
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone/radio
- Ability to operate office equipment, including a copier, fax machine, postage machine, etc.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications on the phone, radio or face-to-face
- Vision sufficient for reading work related documents on a monitor or in paper format
- Sufficient sense of smell to detect dangerous odors
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb, and reach in the course of normal office functions
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Career Opportunities
Specialty Leasing Manager - Norfolk, VA
General Manager - Greendale, WI
General Manager - La Crosse, WI
Marketing Manager - Norfolk, VA
LEASING REPRESENTATIVE - SYRACUSE, NY
Operations Manager - East Brunswick, NJ
SCHOOL YEAR INTERNSHIP - SYRACUSE, NY