Brunswick Square Mall – East Brunswick, NJ
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for conceptualizing, directing, and implementing all aspects of a strategic marketing plan for a regional shopping center that is aligned with the property’s business goals and long-term vision, with the results of increased center foot traffic, sales productivity, and retention. Positively position the center and the Company in the marketplace and shopping center industry. Responsible for effectively communicating with consumers through appropriate communication channels. Working cooperatively and collaboratively with General Manager and the Corporate Marketing Team to produce excellence in marketing quality and performance.
The Pillars of an SREG Marketing Manager
Social Media is a fundamental of the marketing program and the MM must have a full understanding and knowledge on current social media trends. This includes daily management of handles, best practices, trends, and the differences between each platform.
- MM should follow portfolio guidance on Brand Image the “look and feel” for graphics/videos that are posted and how the social media account should look itself.
- Required to know how to use a content creation tool such as Canva, iMovie, Clips, and Adobe SparkPost.
- MM are responsible for Brand Voice the “personality” behind the mall including post/story copy, comments, and replies.
- MM will be responsible for knowing when to post on all social media channels.
- Should be aware of all partners social media account and follow them so they know when to tag accounts when partnering.
- MM will be responsible for updating all property information on both Facebook and Instagram including hours, address, phone number, and any other general information.
- MM will be responsible for managing any direct messages received from shoppers or tenants in a timely manner.
- Must have a strategic mind set when choosing particular tenants to promote.
MM is expected to have a full understanding of onsite event activations such as the planning, executing, and hosting of all events in the center’s marketing program.
- In conjunction with General Manager and Field Marketing Manager, MM is expected to develop an annual marketing plan for the property that algins with the budget and portfolio guidelines.
- A full year Marketing Plan is expected to be complete but is always fluid.
- Developed and implement strategic center events and activations with the goal of increasing traffic, sales, social media, and center awareness.
- Plan, coordinator and execute community relations events. Network professionally with appreciate community leaders and institutions.
- MM are to be able to look at community wants and needs to see what events will work in their market.
- MM will be responsible for strategically integrating their event plan with social media.
- Events may require cross functional team work as certain events may leverage other members of the management team due to event size.
Financial & Analytics
- In conjunction with the General Manager each MM will need to prepare, review, and analyze the annual budget, as well as manage the reforecast to be on target throughout the year.
- MM will be responsible for making sure the budget algins with all events.
- MM are expected to review and analyze social media analytics to best shape future content for best optimal results.
- MM must have a full understanding of the how put together a well thought out E-Blast and SMS communication messages for the center using portfolio specific program on weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- MM are responsible for planning and executing other media buys necessary for the market such as radio and other digital advertisement.
- MM will be responsible for any updates and any communication including hours, tenant updates, job postings, and events.
- MM will be responsible for developing and managing an annual publicity plan including initiating, preparing, and distributing approved press releases and handling responses to media inquiries in accordance with SREG policy.
- MM are expected to establish and maintain strong tenant relationships by consulting with and advising tenants on sales productivity and involving tenants in the centers marketing plan. They should also act as a liaison for tenants to be informed of tenant’s events and promotions and ensure adequate exposure through the mall’s social media network programs.
- Establish community partnerships to help enhance center awareness and traffic to the center.
- MM are expected to have a thorough understanding of the market area competition and retail destination to help give the leasing representatives market knowledge and merchant tours, as necessary.
- MM will have intimate understanding of tenant sales and understand trends (macro and micro).
- MM to offer advertising solutions to tenants to help them meet their sales goals (RMU displays, mall signage, social media promotions, and partnership on events).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) preferably in marketing from a four-year college or university; minimum Associates degree in marketing
- Three years related marketing experience in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to excellent math skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting frequent deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate to expert ability in using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and other software programs
- Intermediate to expert ability in using various social media platforms
- Intermediate ability in using website content management systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for heavy use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone/radio
- Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications on the phone, radio or face-to-face
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop and reach
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and occasionally up to 40 lbs
- Sufficient sense of smell to detect dangerous odors
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to be mobile to include moving around office premises, access and walk roof top and exterior grounds
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Career Opportunities
Specialty Leasing Coordinator - Dayton, OH
Operations Manager - East Brunswick, NJ
AP Specialist - Syracuse, NY
Specialty Leasing Coordinator - Escondido, CA
Specialty Leasing Manager - Baltimore, MD
LEASING REPRESENTATIVE - SYRACUSE, NY
SCHOOL YEAR INTERNSHIP - SYRACUSE, NY
Marketing Manager - Norfolk, VA