Manassas Mall – Manassas, VA
Conceptualize, direct and implement all aspects of a strategic marketing plan for a regional shopping center that is aligned with the property’s business goals and long-term vision, with the results of increased center foot traffic, sales productivity and retention. Positively position the center and the Company in the marketplace and shopping center industry. Responsible for effectively communicating with consumers through appropriate communication channels. Working cooperatively and collaboratively with Corporate Marketing Team and the General Manager to produce excellence in marketing quality and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Center Marketing Plan
- Work with corporate and mall team to develop marketing objectives for the property. Develop, implement and evaluate the center’s annual marketing strategy.
Center Marketing Budget
- Develop center’s annual marketing budget and prepare reforecasts as needed. Review and approve invoices for marketing expenses and adheres to budget guidelines. Perform monthly budget review for tracking and actuals
Center Events and Promotions
- Develop and implement strategic center events and activation with the goal of increasing traffic, sales and center awareness.
- Establish and maintain strong tenant relations. Consult with and advise tenants on sales productivity and involvement in the center marketing plan and. Act as a liaison for tenants to be informed of tenant events and promotions and ensure adequate exposure through the mall’s social network programs
- Plan, coordinate and execute community relations events. Network professionally with appropriate community leaders and institutions
- Manage the center’s digital initiatives, including but not limited to website, social media, email marketing, and SMS
Advertising and Communication
- Manage the planning and execution of all advertising for the center as needed.
- Develop and manage an annual publicity plan including initiating, preparing and distributing approved press releases and handling responses to media inquiries in accordance with SREG policy
- Regularly communicate with leasing providing current market trends and local market updates and information. Assists in the administration of lease provisions applicable to marketing. Implements marketing strategies for new store openings.
- Working with the GM, monitors tenant sales trends and implements programs to assist underperforming tenants and those that are close to meeting their sales breakpoints. Offer advertising solutions to assist struggling tenants to help them meet their sales goals (RMU displays, door or floor clings, mall signage, and tie-in to events)
- Working with the GM, meets all reporting requirements including corporate, client and mall level reports
- Responsible for analysis of market research and using research to effectively market the center. Researches, analyzes and monitors the retail competition and demographic factors that affect the present and future market potential of the center. Uses existing market research and other resources in completing strategic planning
- Manages implementation of market research studies, including intercept surveys, telephone and vehicle studies, if required and budgeted
- Directs all visual communication at the center including, but not limited to directories, window displays, signage and holiday décor
- Manages people, projects and resources including, where applicable, an administrative assistant, as well as outside vendors, consultants, advertising and public relations agencies
Work with the leasing and development team to develop a strategic plan for the center’s redevelopment and grand opening if applicable
- Develop a Marketing plan and budget for the redevelopment grand opening
- Participates as an integral member of the management team, working on related programs including Emergency Planning and Communication
- Improves processes related to above duties and responsibilities
- Works extended hours, including weekends or holidays, as necessary to achieve the desired results for the center
- Other duties as assigned or required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) preferably in marketing from a four-year college or university; minimum Associates degree in marketing
- Three years related marketing experience in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to excellent math skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting frequent deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate to expert ability in using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and other software programs
- Intermediate to expert ability in using various social media platforms
- Intermediate ability in using website content management systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for heavy use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone/radio
- Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications on the phone, radio or face-to-face
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop and reach
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and occasionally up to 40 lbs
- Sufficient sense of smell to detect dangerous odors
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to be mobile to include moving around office premises, access and walk roof top and exterior grounds
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Career Opportunities
Marketing Manager - Clinton Twp, MI
Operations Manager - Plano, TX
SCHOOL YEAR INTERNSHIP - SYRACUSE, NY
Specialty Leasing Manager - Horseheads, NY
Marketing Manager - Norfolk, VA
LEASING REPRESENTATIVE - SYRACUSE, NY
Receptionist/Leasing Assistant – Syracuse NY
Specialty Leasing Coordinator - Strongsville, OH
Property Accountant - SYRACUSE, NY