Santa Maria Town Center – Santa Maria, CA
The Shopping Center Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the shopping center utilizing Spinoso Real Estate Group policies and standards to enhance and preserve the asset and maximize financial performance. The Operations Manager will possess a thorough understanding of building mechanical, electrical, plumbing and control systems as well as advanced knowledge in proactive and reactive maintenance procedures and federal, state and local government regulations. The Operations Manager will have oversight of all activities such as housekeeping, landscaping, construction and major building systems repairs, working with in-house staff and third-party providers. The Operations Manager will assist in preparing annual budgets and reforecasting property expenses; collaborating with the General Manager and fellow department heads to effectively maximize Net Operating Income (NOI).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, oversee and document preventative maintenance programs on property systems.
- Support leasing, specialty leasing and marketing activities as needed.
- Assist in managing procurement of Capital Projects, including obtaining budget pricing and bidding as required.
- Manage landlord and tenant construction while working with various design and construction groups including state and local permitting and inspection staff.
- Effectively lead Spinoso Real Estate Group operations staff and manage daily work schedules to ensure maximum effectiveness while adhering to all applicable company guidelines and federal and state law.
- Manage property service providers to include establishing scope of work, soliciting qualified bids, awarding contracts and ensuring acceptable performance by providers.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets including annual reforecasting and multi-year capital planning.
- Work with the GM to oversee all Emergency Planning, OSHA, and Risk Management programs to identify, eliminate and prepare for risks, hazards and emergencies.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Associate degree or technical/vocational training. Bachelor’s degree, RPA or FMA designation preferred.
- Shopping center experience preferred; 2-3 years of facilities management required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience with 2 or more employees.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Thorough knowledge of commercial building systems and processes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and respond to unplanned events in a positive and effective manner.
- Above average communications skills with the ability to supervise, train and/or direct center operations staff or service providers.
- Knowledge and ability to use common software programs, including word and excel.
- Knowledge of common accounting practices and financial procedures for cCmmercial Real Estate.
- Ability to read blueprints/construction drawings.
- Knowledge of MEP systems.
- Ability to be certified in scissor lifts, boom lifts or other mobile equipment.
- Ability to drive a pickup truck with a snow plow.
- Ability to safely carry, setup and climb ladders.
- Ability to access the mall roof via portable or fixed ladders to inspect.
- Ability to inspect the mall daily, including interior and exterior.
- Ability to be on call for property issues, and respond during non-standard working hours.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation process from bidding to implementation.
- Work with GM to ensure all CAM contracts are up to date, including procurement of insurance certificates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for use of power tools and hand tools, operating scissor lifts, extendable boom lifts, snow plows, and other equipment as necessary, as well as occasional use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications on the phone, radio or face-to-face.
- Vision sufficient for reading work-related documents and labels.
- Sufficient sense of smell to detect dangerous odors.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb, and reach.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to be mobile to include moving around the interior and exterior property premises on a regular and as needed basis.
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Spinoso has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Career Opportunities
LEASING REPRESENTATIVE - SYRACUSE, NY
SCHOOL YEAR INTERNSHIP - SYRACUSE, NY
Specialty Leasing Manager - Norfolk, VA
Marketing Manager - Norfolk, VA