With malls and retailers closed across the US due to COVID-19, we at SREG found it necessary to enhance our marketing efforts as a company to further support our tenants and community. It became crucial to use our online presence to share resources, encourage customers and promote tenants during this difficult time.
While taking a personalized approach to each of our mall’s and their current needs, we provided the following marketing efforts:
- Created graphics to promote curbside pickup & specialty tenants.
- Actively participated in community initiatives.
- Monitored the situation closely to keep tenants updated on restrictions, protocols and next steps.
- Captured videos to share with the community on social media.
- Shared uplifting resources on social media pages.
- Organized contests & giveaways with tenant gift cards as prizes.
- Incorporated new platforms into daily activities to enhance remote work features.
- Attended tenant-hosted webinars to provide insight on recovering from COVID-19.
- Scheduled meetings with local advertisers (radio, digital, print) to purchase media buys for upcoming quarters.
- Formed reopening committee to prepare for mall opening from marketing and operations standpoint.
- Created mall-wide signage for reopening.
- Prepped for reopening by developing a comprehensive a plan for social media, website, email, SMS and tenant communication.