Shoe Carnival has released record Q4 results across the board for both net sales and net income. The footwear retailer also noted a comparable store sales increase of 6.4%.
The Q4 earnings report featured:
- Record fourth quarter net sales of $253.9 million
- Fourth quarter net income increased 114% year-over-year
- Record fourth quarter diluted net income per share of $0.52
- Cash and cash equivalents were $106.5 million with no outstanding debt
- Comparable store sales increased 6.4% for the quarter, on top of a 3.2% comparable store sales increase in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019
“As we enter 2021, we remain financially strong and will leverage the invaluable knowledge we have gained to navigate through a changing dynamic. To date, our fiscal first quarter 2021 results are shaping up to show continued momentum and are on track for record first quarter sales and earnings. We remain focused on maintaining our financial flexibility and expanding market share, while placing an added emphasis on our merchandising strategy and in-store experience,” said Cliff Sifford, Chief Executive Officer at Shoe Carnival.
About Shoe Carnival
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest family footwear retailers, offering a broad assortment of moderately priced dress, casual and athletic footwear for men, women and children with emphasis on national name brands. As of March 24, 2021, the Company operates 383 stores in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and offers online shopping at www.shoecarnival.com. Headquartered in Evansville, IN, Shoe Carnival trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market, LLC under the symbol SCVL. Shoe Carnival’s press releases and annual report are available on the Company’s website at www.shoecarnival.com.